Sunday, March 13, 2016

About Me - A (short) History of Drift Gundam

About Me - A (short) History of Drift Gundam

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

There's something to be said about taking a collection of parts or a kit, assembling it, and then having it function as it should, whether they be Gunpla or 1/10 RC drift cars, and for me it is this pursuit that is more interesting than the final project.

I got started in RC cars several years ago, building an Tamiya XV-01Pro in my spare time at work as a basher that I could play around with on my lunch breaks. After I finished that chassis, I heard about a local indoor carpet racing group, and built a TA-06Pro so I could take part in it, but due to my work schedule, I was unable to actually attend many of the sessions. I still have the XV-01 for bashing and Group A fun, and the TA-06 is just a rolling chassis.

I switched over to indoor RC drift as a track (KONG) opened up near by. My first chassis was a MST FXX-D S IFS, but I sold that to a friend of mine who wanted to get a chassis of his own, but didn't want to build it. I'm currently working on two new chassis, a Wrap-Up Next FR-D Ver. 3.0, and a Yokomo DIB V2 275mm wheelbase. Both should be fun in their own ways, but distinctly different.

No comments:

Post a Comment